Guadeloupe, wonderful butterfly in the West Indies which spreads its wings in the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea !
Its two wings are not the same : mountain relief in Basse-Terre (volcano la Soufrière) and flatness in Grande-Terre.
Its tropical climate is more humid on windward relief.
In Guadeloupe, we grow sugar cane, banana trees and food crop.
Tourism is the main activity. What could be more natural regarding its amazing black and white sand beaches, its warm and clear water, its rainforest, its waterfalls ?
Don’t forget its smiling people with strong character who are always happy to teach tourists few creole words.
Few practical information :
- no offsite checks in shops,
- currency : euro,
- no compulsory vaccine,
- jet lag : 5 à 6 hours according to the seasons,
- wet season from July to December (wintering),
- dry season from January to June (Lent),
- medium temperature : 27° C,
- official language : French,
- spoken language : Creole.